"To preserve the reputation of the Fraternity unsullied must be your constant care."

BE A FREEMASON

Friday, May 02, 2008

Still In Hospital

Well, day 2 of my medical adventure wasn't nearly as hopeful as day 1, and I spent all of Thursday traipsing through Morphia's garden of delights in search of something to mask the chest pain. I have a delightfully grisly, t-shaped scar that still feels like I've been stomped on by the entire defensive line of the Colts in cleats. Coughing is a real treat.

Day 3 and I'm still in hospital with a slight fever. The docs suspect an infection of some kind, so they are in search of that possibility.

I picked a helluva time to be involved with the startup of a Masonic research group. I fired up the laptop today to discover my mailbox filled up yesterday afternoon at 4:00PM. So if you have sent me a note since yesterday, I probably didn't get it.

Many, many thanks to everyone who has signed up so early. Secretary Nathan Brindle is keeping track of the memberships, but unfortunately I'm the guy with some of the supplies for the new membership packs, and we had some delays out of the box with a few details. All will be hammered out quickly, and my apologies go out to you for picking a stooopid time to be on the operating table.

Most of all, thanks to all who have sent kind words of encouragement. They are appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. Brother Chris. Just get better! And, all the wonderful stuff you've started with TMS will be there when you can get back. We'll be glad to see you back in the fray soon!

    You are in my thoughts and prayers Brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro. Chris,

    Keep hugging a pillow when you cough. Be sure to use that pain button, it's bliss. Bugger an infection. Have they looked at the incision? Usually the source of infections. I have two belly buttons from a stitch abscess. I can carry two flags in the parade! Use the cursed blow-into thingy when they give it to you, and get on your feet as soon as possible.

    Remember, all this stuff beats the heck out of the alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My advice is to stop doing things that hurt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery, Bro. Chris.

    And dude... grow back the beard!


    Widow's Son
    BurningTaper.com

    ReplyDelete

ATTENTION!
SIGN YOUR NAME OR OTHERWISE IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN YOUR COMMENT POSTS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
Your comments will not appear immediately because I am forced to laboriously screen every post. I'm constantly bombarded with spam. Depending on the comments being made, anonymous postings on Masonic topics may be regarded with the same status as cowans and eavesdroppers, as far as I am concerned. If you post with an unknown or anonymous account, do not automatically expect to see your comment appear.