"To preserve the reputation of the Fraternity unsullied must be your constant care."

BE A FREEMASON

Sunday, June 27, 2010

14 brethren Raised at Joint Degree in Indianapolis

This message came today from my friend and brother Carson Smith:

Dear Brethren:
Century Lodge No. 764 F&AM, which meets at Indiana Freemasons' Hall, participates in the Annual Ecumenical Breakfast with Prince Hall, the Knights of Peter Claver and the Knights of Columbus, and has always welcomed our Prince Hall Brethren to attend our degree conferrals and social events, but I had never been in the Prince Hall Masonic Temple, at 2201 N. Cenral Avenue, until Saturday morning. It was good to renew my acquaintances with the Brethren of Meridian Lodge No. 33, and Sumner A. Furniss Lodge No. 61 and, in particular, Sir Knight Walter Lee, Eminent Commander of Gethsemane Commandery No. 33, who has been an honored Guest at Raper Commandery No. 1. I want to thank the Brethren for extending to me every courtesy, for allowing me to witness their conferral of the Master Mason Degree and going so far as to allow me to serve as one of the Walking Craft, and assisting in the raising of no fewer than fourteen (14) Master Masons. But for me, the highlight of this experience was the privilege of serving as a faithful Giblemite to Past Master, Past High Priest and Past Potentate Miller, who witnessed the raising of his grandson, Keith Miller, to the Sublime Degree of a Master Mason.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ATTENTION!
SIGN YOUR NAME OR OTHERWISE IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN YOUR COMMENT POSTS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
Your comments will not appear immediately because I am forced to laboriously screen every post. I'm constantly bombarded with spam. Depending on the comments being made, anonymous postings on Masonic topics may be regarded with the same status as cowans and eavesdroppers, as far as I am concerned. If you post with an unknown or anonymous account, do not automatically expect to see your comment appear.